How to trade Futures in Huobi
By Cryptocurrency Support
1. Visit "https://www.huobi.bi/zh-cn/"，click "Contract (Futures)".
Huobi Futures Tutorial（Web page）
2.The system will prompt you to open futures trading service when you log into Huobi Futures for the first time.
3. Users need to complete Risk Verification first when open trading permission. Then click “Next step”. Read through the user agreement, accept and submit the agreement. Finishing all steps, users will get access to Huobi Futures and start trading.
4.After finishing Risk Verification, users could check account UID, AccountSecurity and Fee Rate on the top-right corner.
5.Click ‘Transfer’ button as the screenshot shows ( or click the “Assets” button (on the top of the home page), turning into assets page and finding “Transfer” button here). If you do not have assets in your account, please click “buy coins” button, jumping to Huobi OTC.
The transfer interface will pop up, where users can transfer assets from "Exchange Account" to "Futures Account" by entering quantity and selecting corresponding digital currency. The final step is to click "Confirm".
Notice: Currently, only spot accounts and futures accounts mutual transferring is available.
6. After transferring, users can find the total assets and account equity around the left corner on the top of the home page. Then, users can start to trade on Huobi Futures (if users want to hide their account assets and equity, please click the "eye" icon).
7. Please select the Futures types you want to invest, for example, BTC Bi-Quarterly futures.
8. Futures supports leverage up to 125x. If users select leverage higher than 20x, they need to read and accept High-Leverage Agreement.
After choosing leverage, users can use Limit order or Trigger order to open positions. If users support a bullish outlook, they caould open long. If users are bearish, then could open short.
- Limit order: The user needs to specify the price and quantity of the order. They could also choose BBO, Optimal 5 to set price. The limit order specifies the highest price that users are willing to buy or the lowest price that they are willing to sell. After the user sets the limit price, the market will prioritize the transaction at a price that is favorable to the user. Limit orders can be used to open and close positions.The unfilled part is automatically converted into a pending order and waiting for a deal. There are three types of limit order in advanced order. They are “Post only”、IOC (Immediately or Cancel)” and “FOK (Fill or Kill)”. Limit order is default settings.
- Trigger order:Trigger order is a pre-set order, that users place ahead with an order price and contracts amount (like a limit order), which will only be triggered under specific conditions (a trigger price/trigger).
- Taker Follow a Maker
Taker refers to the limit buy order or limit sell order according to the market price of the user s selected gear and the amount calculated by Available Assets Proportion / Available Close proportion (or the amount in the order book). With the “Taker” function, you can select ‘IOC” or “FOK’ effective mechanisms which mean that the unfilled order will be cancelled if they cannot be executed on the market immediately or the entire order will be cancelled if they cannot be fully executed. When the effective mechanism is not selected, the price limit order defaults to ‘always effective’.
9. Users can find filled orders in Current Holdings, and unfilled orders in Open Orders which can be withdrawn before filled.
10. When come to close positions, users can also select Limit Order or Trigger Order to close long/short positions.
11. Click the “Information” on the left top of navigation bar to check "Contract Data", "Delivery and settlement", "Insurance Fund", etc.
12. On the top right of "Derivatives Assets" navigation page, users could click "Transaction Records" , "Order History" and "Transaction History" etc to check trading data.
Huobi Futures Operation Guide (APP)1.Log in to Huobi APP and you will see "Contract" in the bottom navigation bar. Users can click the avatar in the upper left corner of the "Home" page to view account UID, account center, settings and other information and enter the contact customer service channel. If you have not installed Huobi APP, please click to download:
2. Click "Contract" in the bottom navigation bar to enter contract trading, and click the list button in the upper left corner to select any delivery contract transaction. If you have not yet opened a delivery contract transaction, click "Open Contract Transaction" and click "OK" on the prompt page.
On the contract opening page, identity verification is required before identity verification is completed. After the identity authentication is completed, enter the user service agreement page. After reading, click "OK", the contract transaction is successfully opened.
3. After Huobi Futures opened. After that, click "···" in the upper right corner of the interface, click "Margin Transfer" in the list, a "prompt" about the full position mode will pop up, click "OK".
On the "Transfer" page, choose to transfer from "Exchange" to "Futures Account", select the currency to transfer, then enter the amount to be transferred, and finally click "Transfer". Currently only supports the exchange between "exchange" and "futures accounts".
4.After the transfer is completed, user can see the account equity in the upper left corner of the page.
Click the list button in the upper left corner and choose your desired contract (such as "BTC Quarter 0626") from the pop-up menu.
5.Select the leverage multiplier depending on the situation. User can choose to open a position with "Limit Order" or "Trigger Order". If you predict the price will rise, open long. Sell short vice versa.
- Limit Order:
Method 2: When selecting the “BBO (Best Bid Offer)” or “The Optimal Top N BBO Price Order”, only quantity needs to be entered to place the order.
Advanced Order: Post Only only makes Maker orders, and will not immediately trade in the market. If the order will immediately deal with the existing order, the order will be cancelled. User are ensured to be a Maker. Post only is limited only by the number of user positions. The single order is not restricted by the number of orders placed.
The advanced limit order on Web and APP only supports the Post Only now. Other order placement methods will be added later. Check out this link for more details:
Trigger Oder: Enter trigger price, price and quantity to place the order.
6.The completed transaction is displayed in the “Positions”, and the unfilled transaction is displayed in the “Limit order” and “Trigger order” (the order can be cancelled before the deal). If you want to view the current unfilled orders, you can pull down the page, or click "All". In the pop-up interface, click "Order History" to view the history of the last three months.
7.To close a position, users can click the “Close Short” to clear your Short Position, if you want to clear your Long Position, Click the “Close Long”.
- Switch to the closing interface, and select “Limit Order” or “Trigger Order” to close the position. Click “Close Long” or ”Close Short” .
- Switch to the position interface and select "Flash Close".
8.Click "…" in the upper right corner of the page to find “Settings” and view more “Contract Information”.
9.Click "Balances" in the right bottom corner, choose "Contract Account " and contract type to view contract bill.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Hello, trigger order may fail to be placed due to price limit, position limit, lack of margin, contracts in not-allowed-trading-status, network issues, system issues, etc. Therefore, to avoid trigger order failure due to price limit mechanism, it’s highly suggested not to pre-set the trigger price too close to the limit price.
Why does the trigger order fail due to price limit?
Contract account does not support cash withdrawal currently. Wed like to suggest transferring assets via Exchange account.
Does contract account support cash withdrawals?
Cross-margin mode is available in Huobi Futures: the same digital currency asset of your account will be used as margin of all the open positions of that digital currency.
What is cross margin mode?
For example, if you open one position of BTC contracts, then all the BTC in your account will be the margin of that position, and if you open several positions of BTC contracts, then all the BTC in your account will be the margin shared by these open positions. The profits and losses of positions of one digital currency can be mutually offset.
Why does the number of positions that I can open change with market price?Available Margin changes with the latest market price. And the formula is shown as below:
Position margin =（Contract value *Number of position contracts）/Latest transaction price/leverage
Number of position contracts = Position margin * Latest transaction price * leverage / Contract value
Does Huobi Futures support Point Card deduction?Huobi Futures does not support Point Card deduction right now. Please note that we will issue an announcement if there are any updates on Point Card deduction.
Source: Huobi Blog - huobitrading.com | How to trade Futures in Huobi - https://huobitrading.com/how-to-trade-futures-in-huobi-051721
Tags huobi futures australia huobi futures margin huobi futures contract specification huobi btc futures huobi crypto futures huobi eth futures huobi global futures fees huobi futures trading fees huobi global futures huobi bitcoin futures huobi perpetual futures huobi futures liquidation huobi coin margined futures huobi perpetual swap huobi futures tutorial huobi usdt futures huobi futures volume huobi weekly futures contract trading in huobi huobi contract trading futures in huobi huobi futures huobi futures fees huobi futures leverage huobi futures trading how to use futures in huobi how to trade futures in huobi huobi how to use futures huobi contract position opening huobi contract position close contract trading crypto contract trading bitcoin contract trading cryptocurrency trading contract example futures contract trading example contract for trading contract in trading how contract trading works how does contract trading work contract leverage trading futures contract leverage trading futures contract trading meaning how to trade contracts contract trading strategies future contract vs trading guide to contract trading